Friday, March 9, 2012

E is for Exercise

Before I met my husband, my body was like this:

Notice it's normality and non-sexiness.


Then, I started dating J and within a few months I started gaining some weight.  I highlighted my problem areas for clarification:
Minus the arm and hand area.


And now, I find these problems with my new post-pregnancy body:
*I tried to leave my boobs out of it but now that I think of it, maybe they should have been circled, too.

I'll be honest. I lost all the weight I gained, but I do currently have the problem that my weight just accumulated in odd places. Which has led me to the horrible realization that I probably had to get off my cushy ass and move around a little bit.

I told myself once my six-week doctor visit, I would start working out because I didn't like how I felt when I looked in the mirror. But, of course, that time came and went with a whimper.

A few weeks ago, I saw an awesome 5k and actually wanted to do it. So, I round up a couple of friends and formed a team. In September, I'll be in D.C. (hopefully capable of doing a 5k.)

I'm in week 4 of  Couch to 5K and I actually... I can't believe I'm saying this... I like it.  I can't tell if it's because I have an awesome running mix or because I'm running outside but I'm digging it. Maybe because I feel better afterwards. Whatever it is, it's working. And I hope I keep on keepin' on. Because I really don't want to be winded when playing with my son. Or die young. Or worse, have him learn to sit around and be unhealthy.  I need to be the example.

 ::ugh::

No comments:

Post a Comment