Friday, February 24, 2012

A is for Acceptance

Acceptance. It's really bizarre how different my life has become since having the baby. When I look back before H, I seem like a different person. I was a great housewife and a drinker. (Not like alcoholic drinker, just a "I can party" drinker.)  And sometimes it's easy to get upset about how it used to be. Cleaning, cooking, taking care of myself; all of that stuff is secondary to taking care of H, obviously. It wasn't until recently where I accepted my life is different now. And it's not a bad thing.

He does nap (eventually) so the dishes can remain unwashed until then. The laundry can stay in the basket. And I can also ask the husband for help which is something I never really like to do. Too proud. Although, I'm getting the hang of it, I'm not a super woman.

Being a parent means being able to go with the flow. Mostly because parenthood is a ride. It has it's downs (nights out drinking are a thing of the past) but it has so many ups that you forget about the other stuff (H rolled over for the first time yesterday!) 

And that's what I have come to accept: let things go and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment