Wednesday, March 7, 2012

D is for Daddy

I totally have to give it up to my husband. He is such a great father. A year before we were pregnant, he held his first baby. Held! I can't imagine the fear he must have felt when I told him I was pregnant. I was lucky, my sister had two babies when I was a teenager and I was able to grow up changing diapers and babysitting. But, J, he had no idea.  Poor guy.

He has quickly shaped up, though. Just a few months ago, it took him about 20 minutes to change a diaper and now, he doesn't even need me for anything. And neither does H when J is around. Two weekends ago, I was terribly sick and J had to step up for both days. I didn't want to touch anything H related so I just provided some advice when it was needed. By Sunday night, H would just stare at J. It made me jealous! It was like the first time H realized who J was to him. His very own Daddy. And what a Daddy at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment